This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium carrots peeled and coarsely grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup raisins soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- Combine carrots and salt in a mixing bowl tossing to distribute the salt.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over moderate heat.
- Add mustard seeds to the hot oil and remove from heat after 3 seconds.
- Pour hot oil and mustard seeds over the carrots.
- Add lemon juice and raisins and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.