- 2 pts rice
- 1 coconut, grated
- 4 oz salt meat
- thyme, broad and fine leaf
- married man poke
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pint blood of cow
- limes or lime juice
- Clean the runners with lime juice and salt until free from mucus.
- Cook the rice with the grated coconut and salted meat. Allow to cool when finished.
- Mix the rice with chopped herbs, spice, salt and Sugar to taste.
- Strain the blood over this mixture and mix together until rice is evenly coated and free of lumps.
- Fill the runners using a funnel, making sure that there is no space left after filling.
- Tie the ends of the runners and boil gently for about 20 minutes. Prick with a skewer to test for "dampness". When thoroughly cooked, the blood is congealed around the grains of rice.
- When quite finished, allow to cool and darken before brushing with oil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.