- 5 cups of water
- 1½ cups white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ cayenne pepper, chipped
- 3 lb snapper (or other fish or shrimps)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- salt to taste
- Put water, wine and olive oil in a pot.
- Add parsley, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the fish into serving pieces.
- Place the fish, onion, bay leaves and cloves in a double thickness of cheese cloth.
- Tie firmly but do not crowd.
- Suspend this into the liquid by securing the cheese cloth to handle of the pot.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.