- 8 oz butter or margarine
- 8 oz Sugar
- 8 oz flour
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 oz finely chopped peanuts
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4 oz mixed peel
- 1 lb mixed dried fruit
- ½ oz Peanut halves
- cream the butter and Sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder.
- Lightly fold in the flour, a little at a time, adding the fruit, nuts and rind with the last bit of flour.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch cake pan which has been lined with greased paper. Place split nuts on top.
- Bake about 1 - 1½ hours in a moderate oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.