- 2 tbsp oil
- 900g/2 lb Braising Steak, cubed
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh beef stock
- 1 level tbsp paprika (check ingredients)
- 225g/8oz rice
- 100g/4oz Mushrooms, halved
- 4 Large tomatoes, chopped
- 100g/4oz Whole *25g/1oz butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- salt and black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Add the onions, stock, paprika and rice, mix well then bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the Mushrooms, tomatoes, whole, butter, Sugar, salt and pepper, mix well and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Transfer to an ovenproof casserole, cover and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.