- 2 cups of red kidney beans, boiled very soft
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- 1 small red onion cut into four quarters
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon of chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of chopped coriander / cilantro
- ½ teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- ½ teaspoon of mashed garlic
- ½ cup of gem squash diced into cubes (may be omitted)
- 1 pinch of oregano
- In a pot heat the oil.
- Add oregano, onion, garlic, celery and herbs.
- Stir and add two tablespoons of water.
- When the water has almost evaporated add the chicken stock and two more tablespoons of water, stir.
- Add the remaining water mashing the beans over heat.
- Let boil at medium heat until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Adjust salt to taste.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.