- 1/8 c.carrots, chopped
- 1/4 c.onions, chopped
- 1/4 c.bacon, diced (or Ham)
- chopped herbs
- 2 Tbs.butter
- 3 Tbs.flour
- 11/2 c.hot milk
- Sauté carrots and onions 15 minutes in butter with or without Bacon or Ham.
- Remove from butter.
- Add flour to butter, then the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Return vegetables and Bacon, season to taste and allow to simmer 45 minutes.
- Put the sauce through sieve and correct seasonings as needed.
- Serve with fish, shell-fish, vegetables, etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.