- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- dash nutmeg
- 3 tbsp butter
- powdered sugar
- maple sugar
- Cut loaf ends from bread/reserve.
- Cut remaining loaf into 1½ inch thick slices and let stand uncovered, 4 hours to overnight.
- In 9x13" pan, combine orange juice, cream, eggs, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg.
- With a wire whip, whisk until well blended.
- Lay bread in pan.
- Turn several times until all liquid is absorbed, 3–5 minutes.
- Melt butter in 12" to 14" frying pan over medium heat.
- Put soaked bread into frying pan.
- Cook, turning as needed, until richly browned on both sides (5 minutes).
- Dust with powdered sugar;.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.