- 5 medium sweet potatoes (patat)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp rum extract
- grating of fresh ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1½ cup light cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white or brown sugar firmly packed
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Simmer them in salted water until tender.
- Drain and mash the sweet potatoes, removing any lumps.
- Add to the mashed sweet potatoes the eggs, brown sugar, salt, and spices and mix well.
- Add cream and extract. Spoon the mixture into Windward Island Pie Crust shell.
- Bake for an hour, or until the custard is set and a knife inserted in the filling is clean when withdrawn.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.