- 225 g (8 oz) plain flour
- 200 ml (7 fl oz) oil
- ½ dozen whole blanched almonds
- handful ground pistachios
- 1000 ml (18 fl oz) water
- 250 g (9 oz) sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 teaspoons rose water
- First make the syrup, by placing the water and sugar in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add cardamom, rosewater, and lemon juice.
- Boil for 5 minutes, until sugar dissolves.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place oil in a medium sized saucepan on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Dip almonds until slightly red, remove almonds and set aside until required.
- Lower to medium heat, and add flour to the oil.
- Mix until flour becomes reddish brown in colour.
- Now add the cold syrup and mix well.
- Keep mixing until you see the mixture starting to bubble and becoming thick like a dough, remove from heat and spoon onto a platter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.