- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 75 ml (3fl oz) oil
- 3 blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground pistachios
- 500 g (1 lb 2oz) pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan for 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat, then fry the almonds until slightly brown. Remove almonds and set aside until required.
- Now add the flour to the oil, stirring constantly until flour becomes reddish brown in colour.
- Add dates, and keep stirring continuously for about a minute.
- Turn of heat and mix very well until mixture is soft, then add the ground cardamom and mix.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.