Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon saffron
- chicken broth
- 1 x 8-ounce can minced clams (drain; reserve liquid)
- 1½ cups boned cooked chicken pieces (leave in large pieces)
- 1 cup cooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ cup cooked green peas
- quartered fresh tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Cook onion and celery in butter in large skillet over medium heat until tender but not brown.
- Add rice, salt, saffron and enough chicken broth to clam liquid to make 2 cups.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in clams, chicken, shrimp and peas.
- Cook 5 minutes longer.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.