- 1¼ lbs 2 lbs halibut steaks (cod may be used instead)
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 tbsp butter, (yah. right.)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp Tabasco
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the fish in one layer, and place the fish in it.
- Season with salt and pepper to tasted and spread the tomatoes, green pepper, and onion over the top.
- Melt the butter with the lemon juice and Tabasco and drizzle it over the fish and vegetables.
- Bake about 25 minutes, basting with pan juices every 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.