- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 small Halibut steaks (3/4-inch thick, about 1 pound)
- 1 ripe medium California avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Cup rice, cooked (3 cups cooked)
- To make sauce, pour boiling water over tomatoes and let stand 3 to 4 minutes; drain and slice tomatoes.
- In non-stick skillet, saute Onion in sesame oil over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the chicken broth with the cornstarch; reserve
- Add the remaining chicken broth and tomatoes to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until onions and tomatoes are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring until sauce thickens.
- pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare fish before finishing sauce.
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil; brush on both sides of fish.
- Sprinkle fish lightly with paprika.
- Barbecue on grill or broil 3 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until fish is opaque and just flakes easily with a fork.
- Keep warm.
- Reheat sauce.
- Add avocado and parsley.
- Heat briefly.
- Serve sauce over fish and rice.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.