Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Melba's Swapshop, Sunday Oklahoman Newspaper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-size pieces
- 1 ¾ cup cooked, chopped ham
- 1 pound cooked, chopped luncheon meat or (1 can store-bought luncheon meat, sliced)
- ½ cup chopped onions, red, white, or yellow only
- 1 can (10 ¾-ounces) cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 1 can of milk
- 1 can of mushroom or chicken soup, store-bought only
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (Cheddar, Colby-Jack, Colby, Parmesan, or Monterey Jack), divided
- 2 tsp. salt, optional
- 2 tsp. pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease the bottom and sides of 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook until almost tender.
- Drain and place in the bottom of a prepared pan.
- Spread with chopped ham, luncheon meat, and onions. Mix soup, milk, and ½ cup of the cheese. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread on top of ham and potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of casserole.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and the casserole is hot. Serve warm and plain or with other appetizers, main dishes, or side dishes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.