This is a recipe I wrote in 1994. I had these ingredients on hand and put it together. It is a fabulous appetizer and one I serve at a lot of my catering events.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 16 thin slices smoked Ham
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Italian dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a skillet cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender and drain well.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon of mustard on each Ham slice.
- Top with one slice of Cheese.
- Place an asparagus spear at one end.
- Roll up each Ham sliced tightly, secure with three toothpicks.
- Dip Ham roll in egg then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry rolls in oil a few at a time, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
- Cut each roll between the toothpicks into three pieces.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.