Contributed by Debbie at PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 1 ham hock
- 1 smoked ham hock
- 6 cups of water
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1 whole serrano chile
- a pinch of whole black peppercorns
- 4 small bay leaves
- 3 stalks of celery, cut in half
- Make the stock first.
- Put the ham hocks in the pressure cooker.
- Put 6 cups of water over them then set the cooker to brown.
- Heating the water and the hocks brings it up to pressure quicker.
- Add the onion, garlic cloves, serrano chile, peppercorns, bay leaves and celery them to the pot.
- It won't take long for the water to get to get hot, but just before boiling, stop the browning, put on the lid, and set it to high pressure.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- It smells so good!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.