This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 16 ounce can sauerkraut drained and chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoons prepared mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- oil for deep fat frying
- In a large bowl combine ham, sauerkraut, onion and 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese, parsley, mustard, garlic powder and pepper then stir into sauerkraut mixture and chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Shape into balls and coat with flour.
- In a small bowl beat eggs and milk.
- Dip ham balls into the egg mixture then roll in the remaining bread crumbs.
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fat fryer or electric skillet and fry until golden brown and drain well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.