- 1 cup Blackeye Peas soaked in water overnight
- 1 lb. Ham cut into 1 inch cubes
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. marjoram
- ˝ tsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1˝ cups coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- ˝ tsp.hot pepper sauce
- Wash and drain Blackeye Peas and place them in a pressure cooker along with the garlic, Onion, thyme, marjoram, basil, salt, coconut milk and water. Cover and pressure for 25 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to dissipate then open the cooker and add the Ham and pepper sauce. Add a little water if it is too thick.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then adjust the seasonings e.g. more herbs or pepper sauce.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes. Stir in liquid smoke and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve over boiled rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.