- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/4 c. orange marmalade or currant jelly
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices French bread or 2 English muffins, split
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 slices chopped Ham or other luncheon meat
- In a small bowl mix the applesauce and marmalade or jelly with a spoon.
- Cut the Cheese slices in half with a table knife. Put French bread slices or English muffin halves, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- Use the table knife to spread the bread with butter.
- Put baking sheet under broiler so tops are about 4 inches from the broiler (measure with ruler).
- With adult help, turn on the broiler.
- Broil until bread is golden on top.
- This will take 2 or 3 minutes.
- With adult help, remove pan from boiler.
- Put a slice of meat on each piece of bread.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons applesauce mixture on each Ham slice.
- Put a half slice of Cheese on each sandwich.
- With adult help, use hot pads to put baking sheet under broiler.
- Broil until Cheese melts.
- This will take 2–3 minutes.
- Turn off broiler.
- With adult help, remove baking sheet.
- Use a pancake turner to lift sandwiches to plates.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.