- 4 yams, medium sized
- 2 tbsp margarine
- ½ to ¾ pt milk
- bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 tbsp onion, minced
- ¼ lb ham, cut in cubes
- Peel the yams and cut in thin round slices.
- Reserve enough yams for a top layer.
- Place half the yams in a buttered baking dish, cover with half the margarine (cut into tiny bits or melted), sprinkle with half the bread crumbs and onion, salt, pepper and cubes of ham.
- Repeat this entire step.
- Top the dish with the yams reserved for this purpose.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with the remainder of the bread crumbs.
- Pour milk in until it can be seen between the slices.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes or until tender and browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.