Menu and Recipes Week 10/7/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 pieces bread, broken into small bits (potato bread works great, but I usually use white bread)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, dry
- salt, to taste (because of the soup mix, you may not need it, although we still do)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Combine ground beef, bread, soup mix, salt, pepper, ketchup, garlic powder, parsley and eggs in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Prepare each burger with approx ⅓ cup of meat mixture and form into patties about ½ inch thick.
- Heat a 12" skillet over med-high heat and fry burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, until they are almost done.
- Remove burgers to a plate and discard all but about a tablespoon of drippings from skillet.
- Lower heat under skillet and prepare brown gravy with water in a bowl or measuring cup; slowly pour into skillet, stirring constantly, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom.
- When gravy has thickened, place burgers back in the pan and cover.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until burgers are done.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.