The name of this dessert comes from the fact that it is left to hang (up) overnight.
- Contributed by CorineJ 14:02, 23 Mar 2006 (PST)
- Put a cotton tea towel which has been rinsed in cold water and wrung out in a colander.
- Place the colander in a washing up bowl and pour in the buttermilk.
- Take up the corners of the tea towel, tie it closed and hang it up over the bowl.
- Leave to hang overnight.
- The next day, beat the thick mass that is left in the cloth with the sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle the crushed rusks over.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.