Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ lb bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- ½ lb okra, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 2 (16 oz) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-tel tomatoes and green chiles
- 3 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry bacon in skillet and drain.
- Cool; crumble into small pieces.
- Set aside for serving.
- Sauté onions in bacon grease until golden.
- Add garlic salt, onion salt, okra, tomatoes, Ro-tel, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Simmer uncovered 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve cooked mixture over rice.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.