- 2 lbs fresh shrimp, deveined
- 4 cups sliced smoke sausage
- 3 cups sautéed young okra
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 large, fresh tomatoes,chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp roux — made from ¼ cup vegetable oil and ¼ cup flour
- red pepper
- salt and pepper
- vinegar to taste
- hot sauce optional
- 2 cups uncooked white or brown rice (prefer white)
- Use roux to make watery soup based.
- Pour in all ingredients and simmer for about one hour this is the very easy way.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.