- 1 cup dried chickpeas, washed and soaked overnight
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp chopped sweet pickles
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle "juice" (brine)
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- Boil chickpeas until soft, then boil off all excess water, until they are very tender (but not mushy).
- Mash the chickpeas, add a little extra water if needed (but no more than 2 tbsp).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, or in a sandwich, or on crackers, or any other way you can think of.
- Will keep 3-4 days refrigerated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.