- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 egg whites
- 4 ounces vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir in the oil, egg whites, water, and vanilla. On a well-greased baking sheet, roll a very thin 4-inch circle of dough and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove one cookie at a time from the oven with a wide spatula; working quickly follow these four steps:
- Flip cookie onto gloved hand.
- Hold fortune in center of pliable cookie while folding cookie in half.
- Grasp ends of cookie and draw gently down over edge of muffin pan or glass to crease at center of cookie.
- Fit cookie in muffin pan (points down) to hold shape as it cools.
- If cookie hardens too quickly, put it back in the oven for about 1 minute.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.