Har Gow Filling Edit
- 6 ounces raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons bamboo shoots
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- Sift the wheat starch and tapioca starch into a bowl.
- Slowly add the boiling water and begin stirring immediately.
- Add enough water until you have a sticky dough.
- Add the lard and knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Cover the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Finely chop the shrimp.
- Rinse the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts under warm running water.
- Shred the bamboo shoots and finely chop the water chestnuts.
- While the dough is resting, mix together the filling ingredients.
- Knead the rested dough a bit more.
- To make the dumplings, pinch of a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll out into a 3-inch circle.
- Wet the edges of the circle.
- Add 1 level teaspoon of the filling in the middle.
- Fold over the dough and pleat the edges to seal.
- Continue with the remainder of the dumplings.
- Steam the dumplings until the filling is cooked and the dough is shiny and translucent ( 12 – 15 minutes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.