- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- chocolate GLAZE (recipe follows)
- pumpkin FILLING (recipe follows)
- Prepare pumpkin FILLING.
- Heat oven to 375 °F. .
- Line 15-1/2 x10-1/2 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil.
- Generously grease foil.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl on high speed of mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/2 cup Sugar, beating
- until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks and vanilla in medium bowl 3 minutes; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup Sugar, beating 2 .
- additional minutes..
- Combine dry ingredints; add to yolk mixture alternately with water, beating on low speed just until smooth.
- Gradually fold chocolate mixture into beaten whites with rubber spatula until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert on clean towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Carefully peel off foil. .
- Immediately roll cake in towel, starting from narrow end; place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- pread cake with filling; reroll without towel.
- Spoon glaze over top .
- Refrigerate until just before serving.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.
Pumpkin Filling Edit
- Beat 1 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Beat in 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup whipping cream beating until slightly thickened refrigerate about 2 hours.
Chocolate Glaze Edit
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over low heat add 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S cocoa 2 tablespoons water stirring until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract beating with whisk until smooth.
- About 1/2 cup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.