For that harvest / Autumn flavor.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 32 bars.
- 1 (6-ounce) package diced dried mixed fruit bits
- 1 cup chopped banana (about 2 medium)
- ⅔ cup orange juice 
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice or ground cinnamon, divided use
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- ½ pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine dried fruit, banana, orange juice and 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats and remaining ½ teaspoon apple pie spice; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar together with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add oat mixture; beat until crumbly.
- Reserve ¾ cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Spread fruit evenly over crust to within ¼-inch of edge.
- Add nuts to reserved oat mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit; pat down lightly.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Store loosely covered.
- ↑ If using old fashioned oats, decrease orange juice to ½ cup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.