Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and diced
- 2 10-1/2-ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- Cook Onion in margarine in Dutch oven.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Transfer sweet potato mixture and remaining 1 cup water to blender; process until smooth. #Return to Dutch oven; stir in rice, sherry and nutmeg.
- Cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Combine yogurt and brown sugar; dollop by tablespoon on each serving of soup.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.