- 1 small pie pumpkin, cleaned out
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- fresh parsley, basil, thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, (optional)
- sour cream
- chives, chopped
- Cut pumpkin, potatoes and carrots into pieces and steam until tender.
- Remove peel from pumpkin. Save steaming water.
- Sauté onion and garlic in a little olive oil until transparent.
- Purée onion, garlic and vegetables in a food processor, adding reserved water. Return the purée to a saucepan and add spices, salt and pepper, cream, butter and soy sauce.
- If soup is too thick, thin with a little water, milk or chicken stock.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.