- 1 tbsp salad oil
- 1 each large onions
- 1 each medium green peppers
- ¼ cup barley
- ½ envelope, beef bouillon
- 1 large carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 large tomatoes (tomatoes should be peeled and quartered about a half an hour before serving)
- ½ medium zucchini, cut 1½"
- ⅖ lbs green beans, cut in half
- 5 oz frozen peas
- ¼ head cauliflower, separated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- In a 12" skillet over medium high heat, in hot oil, cook onions and green peppers until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir often.
- In a 13" x 9" baking dish or 3 ½ quart casserole dish, combine barley, bouillon, and 1 cup water.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, peas, cauliflower, then onion mixture.
- In cup, combine lemon and garlic; pour over vegetables; sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Bake in a 400°F oven 1½ hours or until barley is tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.