Roasted potatoes. ...And, remember, this is not a Norwegian dish...but a Swedish one... as the name alone would indicate. Quite a bit of work involved, well worth it.
- Serves 4
- Peel the potatoes
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the potatoes very finely - but not all the way through! (this is more easily accomplished if a slice of the potatoes is cut off entirely to make it more stable)
- Place the potatoes side by side, cut side up, in the dish brushed with butter.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs. If needed, brush again with melted butter after 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before they are baked, sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika.
- Total baking time—50 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.