- 3 lbs pork ribs, cut into 3 rib sections
- ½ cup sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 inches ginger, sliced thick
- 2 green onions, sliced thick
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 (15 ounces) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups minced yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons A-1 steak sauce or HP steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, canned with juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- Place ribs in a large stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Add the salt, garlic, ginger and onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low-you want it to still simmer-and cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce.
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring often.
- Strain and set aside.
- While ribs and sauce are cooking prepare grill if using coals, or prepare gas grill 10 to 15 minutes before grilling-white hot coals or a hot gas grill.
- Remove cooked ribs to a plate and let drain.
- Baste ribs with prepared sauce and place on grill.
- Baste frequently until ribs are well coated and heated through.
Pork Ribs Videos Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.