The marinade is the key to these great kabobs. They only need 1 hour in the refrigerator to marinate.
- 1½ lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (15¼ ounces) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large green pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- hot cooked rice
- Put chicken in large shallow dish. Drain pineapple, keep ½ cup juice.
- Set pineapple aside. Mix juice with the next 7 ingredients in small pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour. Remove chicken from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Alternate chicken, pineapple, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill kabobs over hot coals 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Turn and baste frequently with marinade.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.