This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tinsley Estate in Venus, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package orange cake mix
- 3 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 ounce package orange gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 10 pounce package flaked coconut
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces French vanilla dairy whipped topping
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, gelatin, eggs, milk and oil.
- Mix well and pour into 2 greased and lightly floured cake pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- In another bowl combine pineapple, sugar, coconut and sour cream.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture into a small mixing bowl.
- Place one cake onto a serving platter and top with one-third of the remaining mixture.
- Fold the whipping topping into the reserved mixture and frost the cake.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.