Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup each green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 can (15½ ounces) pineapple chunks, drained, and juice reserved
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon each lemon pepper and basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 container (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 4 servings cooked rice or egg noodles
- In large skillet over medium high heat, cook onion and pepper cubes in margarine 3 to 4 minutes, add turkey cubes and cook 2 to 3 minutes until heated.
- In small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, orange juice, lemon juice, corn starch, lemon pepper, basil and salt. Stir into turkey mixture until thickened.
- Remove turkey mixture from heat and stir in yogurt and pineapple cubes.
- Return skillet to burner for 2 to 3 minutes until entire mixture is heated throughout.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.