In Romanian: Sarlota de alune
- 10 oz / 300 g whipped cream
- 1 qt / 1 l milk
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons gelatine
- 7 oz / 200 g toasted and ground hazelnuts
- 12 oz / 350 g sugar
- 1 cup rum
- some grated lemon peel
- Mix the yolks with the sugar.
- Add the milk, mix well, set to heat, mixing continuously until very hot and thickened.
- Remove from heat, add the beaten whites and ground hazelnuts, then the rum, lemon peel and gelatine dissolved in 2 – 3 tablespoons of hot water.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and refrigerate.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.