Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
- Show: Everyday Italian
- Episode: Breakfast
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (1-pound) loaf purchased frozen white bread dough, thawed (recommended: bridgeford)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- Brush 1 tablespoon of melted butter over the bottom and sides of an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish.
- Mix the nuts, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Roll out the thawed dough on a lightly floured surface to a 12 by 9-inch rectangle.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border along the top and bottom sides.
- Starting at 1 long side, roll up the dough jelly-roll style, forming a log.
- Pinch the seam to seal.
- Cut the log into 9 equal pieces.
- Arrange the rolls, cut side down, in the prepared baking dish, spacing evenly.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm draft-free area until puffed, about 45 minutes.
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees f.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls uncovered until the tops are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the powdered sugar, mascarpone cheese, and buttermilk in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter over the baked cinnamon rolls and then drizzle the cheese mixture over top.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.