- ½ cup finely chopped Oregon hazelnuts
- 5 cups sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups light cream
- Butter a square 8-inch pan.
- Spread chopped hazelnuts evenly over bottom.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter and half the cream in a large, heavy sauce pan.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining cream and cook to 245°F on candy thermometer.
- Immediately spread mixture over nuts in pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.