Purchased from the Patterson Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1992. Notation on card indicates this was a favorite of Mr. Rodgers. Dated 1931.
- 1 small white Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh chicken stock
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup cooked Potato cubes
- 2 cans crab meat
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Fry Onion in oil until clear.
- Add flour, stock and milk.
- Cook stirring often until smooth.
- Pour into double boiler and continue cooking.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.