Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 Hours 15 minutes
- 1 x 29-ounce can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 x 10-ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chile peppers
- 2 cups vegetable juice or tomato juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ pounds beef or pork stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 x 15-ounce cans black, kidney, and/or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
Optional toppers Edit
- shredded Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese
- dairy sour cream
- thinly sliced green onion
- snipped cilantro
- thinly sliced jalapeño peppers
- sliced pitted ripe olives
- In a 6-quart crockery cooker combine both cans of undrained tomatoes, vegetable or tomato juice, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic.
- Stir in the meat, onion, celery, and bell pepper.
- Cover; Cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in the beans. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting, and cook for 15 minutes more.
- Spoon into bowls. If Desired, serve with toppers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.