- 8oz self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4oz margarine
- 4oz demerara sugar - Demerara Sugar Cubes
- 4oz maple syrup
- 8oz carrots (finely grated)
- 4oz raisins
- Rind of one orange (finely grated)
- 6oz tofutti cream cheese
- 2oz icing sugar
- Cream all these together
- and when the cake is cool enough to cut in half
- fill with the filling.
- Mix flour and spices.
Melt margarine, sugar and syrup together,
then stir melted mixture into the flour and spices.
Add carrots and raisins and mix well into stiff sticky dough. Cook at 160 C in 1 lb loaf tin for between 1hr - 1hr 20mins.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.