- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 to 6 small shallots, peeled and halved
- 8 oz baby carrots
- 1 lb small new potatoes, well scrubbed and cut in half if larger than 1½ inches
- 2 turnips or 1 small rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- ¼ cup dry red or white wine
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1½ tsp dried thyme, sage, or savory, or a mix of all three
- oil bottom of slow cooker with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add shallots, carrots, potatoes, turnips and garlic, and toss to coat with oil.
- Add salt, pepper, stock, wine, tamari and herbs.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Do not stir.
- Cover slow cooker, and set on low; cook until all vegetables are tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Stovetop directions Edit
- Heat all oil in 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven or other large pot over medium heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot, and cook, stirring contents occasionally, until all vegetables are tender, 1 to 1½ hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.