Purchased from the Betik Estate in Waxahachie, Texas in 1998. The card indicates this is an annual bake sale best seller. Dated 1964. These are tried and true and a must at the office potlucks.
- 6 large heath bars, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup soft unsalted butter
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups cake flour
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325.
- Grease and flour 9 inch square baking pan.
- Place heath bars and pecans in food processor and chop with a steel knife until coarse but not powdery.
- Remove and set aside.
- Combine Sugar and chocolate in food processor bowl and mix until chocolate is as fine as Sugar.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl. Add butter and blend 1 minute.
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt and blend until fluffy, stopping as necessary to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add flour and toffee mixture and blend until flour is incorporated.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 50 minutes for wetter brownies and 55 minutes for cake like brownies.
- Let cool in pan on rack. Cut into squares and store in airtight container.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.