avocado adds the textural and taste interest to this satisfying soup.
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 6 Cups well-seasoned Chicken or Pork stock
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 28-oz. can yellow or white hominy
- 1 8-oz can chopped green chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 California avocado, diced
- 3 oz jack cheese, shredded
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Season to taste.
Add avocado and simmer for 2 minutes.
Ladle into bowls, top with Cheese, and serve.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.