This recipe yields 4 servings.
- ¾ lb Chilean sea bass fillet
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped tarragon, dill and flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig tarragon, dill and flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Cut the sea bass in half horizontally.
- Season the inside with salt and pepper and fill the center with the chopped herbs.
- Reassemble the sea bass and season the outside with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Steam the sea bass in an 8-inch, flat-bottomed steamer, covered, for 6 minutes, or until it is barely opaque.
- To assemble: remove the plastic wrap.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the fish into eight 2-inch wedges.
- Choose a flat, colorful plate to set off the dramatic form of the fish.
- Stand one wedge on its end and show the herb filling of the other.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.