- 60 gm cracked wheat, (Bulgar or burgul) or couscous
- 150 ml Hot water
- 1 bn parsley
- 1 sm Bunc mint
- 1 sm Bunc coriander
- 200 gm Dried Chickpeas,
- 1/2 x Red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 250 gm tomatoes, deseeded, finely diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbl Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- Put the cracked wheat or couscous in a bowl with the saffron and pour over the water. Stir, leave for 20–30 minutes to swell and soften. Drain off any water that has not been absorbed.
- Finely chop the leaves off the mint, parsley and coriander. Mix into the cracked wheat or couscous with the remaining ingredients, cover and chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight, to allow the flavours to blend, and the leaves to soften.
- Stir again, taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve as a first course with good bread, or as an accompaniment.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.