- 2 1/2 pounds fresh kale
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Wash kale well. Cut off coarse stems and discard them.
- In a large saucepan, place kale, garlic, salt, marjoram, pepper, sugar and 1 tablespoon of the vinegar.
- Cover and cook 20–25 minutes or until just tender.
- Add remaining vinegar and butter.
- Heat only about 1/2 minute.
- Serve hot.
- Fruit and Vegetable Recipes I by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.